sad child.jpg





To report the suspected abuse of a minor in the home, immediately report to County Children's Protective Services where the child lives.


San Bernardino County

1 (800) 827-8724  

Riverside County

1 (800) 442-4918


To report the suspected child abuse outside of the home, immediately call the local law enforcement authorities where the abuse occurred.

To report abuse by a Catholic Bishop click here

To speak with the Victims Assistance Coordinator, call (909) 855-2296

For assistance, please contact:

The Diocesan Office of Child & Youth Protection

Phone: (909) 475-5127 

Email at


Fax or mail the state-approved form within 36 hours of making the report.

What must be reported? 

  • Physical Abuse: Unlawful corporal punishment or injury, willfully inflicted, resulting in a traumatic condition.

  • Emotional Abuse: Acts or omissions that have or could cause serious behavioral, cognitive, emotional, or mental disorders.

  • Sexual Abuse: Sexual assault and sexual exploitation.

  • General Neglect: Failure of a caregiver to provide basic needs  where no physical injury to child has occurred.

  • Severe Neglect: Situations where the caregiver willfully causes or permits the child to be placed in a situation such that his or her person or health is endangered

If the suspected abuse took place at a parish, catholic school, or a diocesan event, report immediately to law-enforcement where the suspected abuse occurred.

Also, report to your immediate supervisor. If your immediate supervisor is the person who is suspected of committing the abuse,  report to the next person up the line of authority.

Victims Assistance Coordinator

Any person can call the Diocesan Victims Assistance Coordinator at (909) 855-2296.


If a member of the clergy committed the abuse, call the diocesan Vicar General at (909) 475-5120 or the Diocesan Hotline at 1(888) 206-9090. 

Church Employee

If a Church employee or volunteer committed the abuse, call the Director of Human Resources at (909) 475-5172.

Catholic School Teacher, Employee, or Volunteer

If a Catholic School teacher, school employee or school volunteer committed the abuse, call the Superintendent of Schools at (909) 475-5437.

Abuse Reporting Poster

A poster with abuse reporting information can be ordered from the Office of Child and Youth Protection 909-475-5127. The poster has both county 800 numbers and Diocesan Hotline 800 number.


If you have witnessed or are witnessing a criminal act of child abuse in progress that constitutes an immediate serious threat to the physical or emotional safety of a child or any other person, first contact the police emergency number 911 immediately.


Report All Cases to the County Child Protective Services where the abuse occurred. On this page are county and Diocese hotlines and links containing information about child abuse reporting.


After reporting abuse to local law enforcement or child protective services, make a Report to the Diocese if the Abuse was committed by Clergy, Employee or Volunteer.